Some_Big_Spoon
Nov 20, 06:42 PM
Thanks. that saved me from having to answer him back :-) *Low 5*
Geez, dude, it's all about saving time so you *do* have more time on your own. For example, texting is now used in situations where you would have called/answered a phone call before. Texting is more efficient because you can just put off answering the text until later (you could also not take a call and just call the person back later, but you wouldn't know how urgent the call was unless you took the time to check your voice mail if they left one).
Likewise, I use the humble web features on my Sony Ericsson phone a *lot*, to look up restaurant/bar addresses, movie times, etc. when I am out and about. Again, normally I would have no other recourse other than calling 411 or MovieFone, or finding a newsstand/bookstore where I could possibly look the information up. It would just be a time-saver to have faster, easier access to information from my phone.
Embrace technology, dude. It's only there to help you. You can always *choose* not to check your email even if you have an uber-phone. Heck, you can even turn the phone off while you "eat lunch in the park and listen to the birds".
Geez, dude, it's all about saving time so you *do* have more time on your own. For example, texting is now used in situations where you would have called/answered a phone call before. Texting is more efficient because you can just put off answering the text until later (you could also not take a call and just call the person back later, but you wouldn't know how urgent the call was unless you took the time to check your voice mail if they left one).
Likewise, I use the humble web features on my Sony Ericsson phone a *lot*, to look up restaurant/bar addresses, movie times, etc. when I am out and about. Again, normally I would have no other recourse other than calling 411 or MovieFone, or finding a newsstand/bookstore where I could possibly look the information up. It would just be a time-saver to have faster, easier access to information from my phone.
Embrace technology, dude. It's only there to help you. You can always *choose* not to check your email even if you have an uber-phone. Heck, you can even turn the phone off while you "eat lunch in the park and listen to the birds".
rprebel
Sep 30, 11:43 PM
This is a pic of Wil Wheaton's dog, Seamus. It is released under a Creative Commons Non-Commercial Share Alike license. For more information please visit creative commons dot orggg:D
Desktop on the left, wallpaper on the right.
Desktop on the left, wallpaper on the right.
Hilmi Hamidi
Aug 8, 12:19 PM
http://img131.imagevenue.com/loc199/th_87833_Untitled_122_199lo.jpg (http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=87833_Untitled_122_199lo.jpg)

cute short i love you poems
more...

cute short i love you poems.

cute short i love you poems
more...

cute short i love you poems

short i love you poems
more...

cute short i love you poems.

short i love you poems for
more...

cute short i love you poems

cute short i love you poems.
more...

short i love you poems for

cute i love you poems. short i
more...

short i love you poems for

short i love you poems.
more...

cute i love you poems. short i

short i love you poems,

short i love you poems. i love
istud
Feb 9, 03:08 PM
God damn...I can't wait to change my Fam 2100 mins to 700mins since majority of calls are m2am.
more...
mccldwll
Apr 13, 07:33 PM
Apple already released a new iPhone this year... remember? The one that works on a GSM network! You really think they would put all that work into rolling out the GSM iPhone 4 in February then turn around 4 months later and expect these people to buy an iPhone 5? You know how many pissed off Verizon people there would be? June 2012 at the earliest... ;)
GSM in February??? Time for a new username.
GSM in February??? Time for a new username.
chaosbunny
Jun 6, 04:12 AM
If anyone mistakes it for the real mousepointer and is confused for a millisecond, that's the evil intention behind it. Don't know if it will work though.
more...
retroneo
Jul 26, 07:05 PM
Apple supports both Blu-ray and HD-DVD.
In fact HD-DVD support has been in DVD Player for a while now, and DVD Studio Pro supports HD-DVD projects, but not Blu-ray.
In fact HD-DVD support has been in DVD Player for a while now, and DVD Studio Pro supports HD-DVD projects, but not Blu-ray.
creator2456
Jun 28, 08:57 PM
I just want to see if anyone has a 1GB Orange or Red 2nd generation Shuffle they are willing to sell or trade. I would think that ~$30 shipped would be a good price depending on condition and what accessories are included.
more...

Full of Win
Apr 29, 12:29 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)
The concept for an Apple phone/computer from 1983.
Image (http://www.frogdesign.com/images/1983_iphone.jpg)
I want an iPad dock like that for the office.
Write a check big enough to The Silicon Bank and it can be yours.
The concept for an Apple phone/computer from 1983.
Image (http://www.frogdesign.com/images/1983_iphone.jpg)
I want an iPad dock like that for the office.
Write a check big enough to The Silicon Bank and it can be yours.
obeygiant
Apr 5, 06:47 PM
So whether a person deserves to get mugged based on how he dresses has nothing to do with whether he dresses as a wealthy person dresses, but instead has everything to do with your moral judgment of how well he conforms to standards that exist in your own head. Dressing like a pimp or drug dealer: fair game. Dressing like a much wealthier Wall Street type: well that's just so wrong you can't even understand the comparison.
People you respect don't deserve to be victimized, but people you don't respect are just getting what they ask for.
Should your assessment of responsibility for criminal behavior be based on such superficial judgmentalism, or should everyone be equal before the law?
Well look at you projecting what you think I believe over what was posted. We'd make a lot more head way in this forum if this kind of **** would stop happening, but I guess it's too much to ask. Because I didn't post nor do I agree with anything you wrote.
Your blind comparison of an 11 year old "dressing like a prostitute" and a man in a business suit to prove some point didn't work.
People you respect don't deserve to be victimized, but people you don't respect are just getting what they ask for.
Should your assessment of responsibility for criminal behavior be based on such superficial judgmentalism, or should everyone be equal before the law?
Well look at you projecting what you think I believe over what was posted. We'd make a lot more head way in this forum if this kind of **** would stop happening, but I guess it's too much to ask. Because I didn't post nor do I agree with anything you wrote.
Your blind comparison of an 11 year old "dressing like a prostitute" and a man in a business suit to prove some point didn't work.
more...
LS417
Apr 18, 11:52 AM
here is mine..
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/nytrackstar/desktop.png
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/nytrackstar/desktop.png
WillJS
Apr 3, 11:49 AM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t150/analogheretic/Picture1-3.png?t=1301795011
Nice, link? Here's mine:
http://i.imgur.com/aXrRs.jpg
Nice, link? Here's mine:
http://i.imgur.com/aXrRs.jpg
more...
iDeclare
Jul 11, 05:51 PM
When I was there at 3:30 the line had about 200 people...is it moving now? Was thinking of trying back later this evening. :confused:
poobear
Apr 15, 09:04 AM
No problem with Starcraft 2 over here.
more...
TheUndertow
Apr 25, 08:27 AM
I originally wanted the white model, but ended up getting the black model. Once it hits the shelves, I'll look at it in store to see how it looks in person, to see if I'll want a white iPhone 5....works out well!
Exactly...6 month ago I would have been all over it...now I don't want to get into a 2 year contract only to have the 5 launch in Sept...
I hate my HTC Hero, but I don't hate it THAT bad (and anyway, my wife uses it mostly).....(continues to convince himself to wait)....
Exactly...6 month ago I would have been all over it...now I don't want to get into a 2 year contract only to have the 5 launch in Sept...
I hate my HTC Hero, but I don't hate it THAT bad (and anyway, my wife uses it mostly).....(continues to convince himself to wait)....

basesloaded190
Apr 25, 11:08 AM
Are you freaking kidding me!?!! I spend HUNDREDS of dollars to convert mine to white, and now its out?! AARRRGG
That wasn't very smart :rolleyes:
That wasn't very smart :rolleyes:
more...
Apple OC
Mar 27, 08:55 PM
I didn't make a threat to murder. I guess that shows how intelligent you are. As a law student I believe in exercising my legal rights to their fullest extent. In the state of North Carolina if someone unlawfully enters your home you can open fire. Hunting gets old, I'd like to legally bag a dumbass too LOL.
But I'm done here, you'll know I'm the real seller because I'm cancelling the auction (just to open another eBay account and do it again). LOL Peace out girl scouts.
Yo killer ... I am thinking your ebay career will also be short lived :cool:
But I'm done here, you'll know I'm the real seller because I'm cancelling the auction (just to open another eBay account and do it again). LOL Peace out girl scouts.
Yo killer ... I am thinking your ebay career will also be short lived :cool:
Medinarem
Feb 9, 12:24 PM
Att on facebook said you must on the Att nation 450 &900 or the family 700 or higher to qualify and it's not cost additional for the service.
longofest
Nov 20, 12:32 PM
just to clear something up. This right now appears to be a text-based phone. I don't think Wu is talking about iChat AV functionality. Some other sites (of much, much less accuracy) have been claiming that the iPhone would be able to do videoconferencing and whatnot, but currently there isn't any good evidence to support this, and in my opinion it doesn't look like current 3G GSM cellular networks simply don't have the duplex bandwidth to deliver that kind of content. (and 4G is still a ways off)
Small White Car
Apr 6, 12:01 PM
i'm not to keen on this whole cloud computing concept that is floating around at the moment. Anyone else have doubts?
"Floting around at the moment?" Forget it, it's come and gone and is here to stay.
Most people don't call it a 'cloud,' but an amazing number of people pretty much just use Facebook as their only photo-storage facility. Forget the fact that many of them become down-rezzed when doing so...and that's before you get into conversations about how safe the data is and how you can access it. Those kind of thoughts don't even enter most people's minds.
I've heard from so many people who have lost entire computer drives and kind of laugh it off 'cause their photos are on Facebook and their music is on their iPod.
You and I may see the downsides to cloud computing compared to what we do now, but for these people a better cloud-computing-workflow from a company like Apple would actually be a huge step UP.
"Floting around at the moment?" Forget it, it's come and gone and is here to stay.
Most people don't call it a 'cloud,' but an amazing number of people pretty much just use Facebook as their only photo-storage facility. Forget the fact that many of them become down-rezzed when doing so...and that's before you get into conversations about how safe the data is and how you can access it. Those kind of thoughts don't even enter most people's minds.
I've heard from so many people who have lost entire computer drives and kind of laugh it off 'cause their photos are on Facebook and their music is on their iPod.
You and I may see the downsides to cloud computing compared to what we do now, but for these people a better cloud-computing-workflow from a company like Apple would actually be a huge step UP.
Popeye206
Apr 27, 06:32 PM
We need finer control over location. All we get to decide is yes or no. We should be able to decide what an app is going to do with the info.
Example: I'd like my maps app to use my location ONLY to tell me where i am. NOT share my location.
These broad agreement terms are the reason i have never installed an application on facebook. the terms are like "allow this application to access all your files, post to your friends walls, share your info, access your friends' info, etc. By clicking agree, you are allowing it to become your new spam bot.
In this new era, clicking agree should not be legally binding. Every time I want to update safari or itunes or install any new program I need to read 120 pages of legal speak? I'd have to hire a lawyer full time for years to get thru it all. I challenge anyone to read and understand every agreement in every app on your computer. For all we know there is a clause in there that says they own your firstborn. This is not directed at apple, this applies to all companies and developers.
How about we NOT get carried away before someone steps in and regulates half the features out ALL SMART PHONES and just accept the fact that we now live in a two way communication world?
I think hitting "Allow" or "Deny" is fine.
Example: I'd like my maps app to use my location ONLY to tell me where i am. NOT share my location.
These broad agreement terms are the reason i have never installed an application on facebook. the terms are like "allow this application to access all your files, post to your friends walls, share your info, access your friends' info, etc. By clicking agree, you are allowing it to become your new spam bot.
In this new era, clicking agree should not be legally binding. Every time I want to update safari or itunes or install any new program I need to read 120 pages of legal speak? I'd have to hire a lawyer full time for years to get thru it all. I challenge anyone to read and understand every agreement in every app on your computer. For all we know there is a clause in there that says they own your firstborn. This is not directed at apple, this applies to all companies and developers.
How about we NOT get carried away before someone steps in and regulates half the features out ALL SMART PHONES and just accept the fact that we now live in a two way communication world?
I think hitting "Allow" or "Deny" is fine.
angelwatt
Feb 7, 06:49 PM
Do you have a live example you can point us at. Can't help based solely on a description.
verozov
Jan 12, 09:07 PM
this is stuff is great to put on iPods, especially for long trips! exactly what ive been looking for, and for free! thanks!
Eric5h5
Oct 7, 12:14 PM
If the user (who knows nothing of design, fonts, color, etc.) has control over the presentation of a company's image then there is absolutely no point in having a designer. Might as well have the intern throw something up there. Think before you write.
That's good advice; why don't you take it? I've done quite a bit of professional design...print and web...and the user doesn't have "control over the presentation of a company's image" on a web site; the user has control (or should have control) over aspects of how that image is presented. That's why you have the ability to override text sizes and style sheets. As I said, the web is not print and should not be treated as such. If you have anything to do with web design and you don't understand that, I'd suggest getting out of the business before you inflict any more harm.
--Eric
That's good advice; why don't you take it? I've done quite a bit of professional design...print and web...and the user doesn't have "control over the presentation of a company's image" on a web site; the user has control (or should have control) over aspects of how that image is presented. That's why you have the ability to override text sizes and style sheets. As I said, the web is not print and should not be treated as such. If you have anything to do with web design and you don't understand that, I'd suggest getting out of the business before you inflict any more harm.
--Eric



No comments:
Post a Comment